Monster Film Challenge
Location: Necronomicon http://www.stonehill.org/necro.htm
Sunday, Oct 30
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay
2900 Bayport Drive
Tampa, Florida, USA, 33607
Time: 10am-2pm (viewing and awards)
Price: $15 (purchased at the event and tell them that you are there for the festival to get discounted price)
Teams signed the agreement to have 5 team members show up, in order to win any award.
Enjoy Necronomicon events with your ticket purchase!
Friday, September 2 – Monday, October 3
Kick Off Party
Tampa Pitcher Show
20 Awards & Cool Prizes
Team Fee – $79
We will have a kickoff party, on the start date. We will let the teams pick their genre from a stack of envelopes with a slip of paper with a genre written on it.
This year we are adding a twist to the Monster Film Challenge. Filmmakers will be asked to attend a kick-off meeting in which they will receive the requirements. The requirements are: prop, line and creature. Each team will blindly pick a creature from a basket. Potential creatures/monsters are:
• Innocently Evil (Ex: Clown, child, animal, plant)
• Magical Person (Ex: Witches, warlocks, psychics, curses)
• Object other than Toys
• Human (Ex: Psycho, Serial Killer, Cannibal)
• Outbreak (Ex: Zombie, viral)
• Classic Monster (Ex: Frankenstein, Vampire, Werewolf, Invisible Man, Mummy)
• Urban Legend (Ex: Monster who lives under bed, Bloody Mary, Slender Man)
• Mythological (Ex: Evil Gods, demons, Werecreatures, Cthulhu, Krampus, cenobites, mermaids)
• Death (Ex: Reaper , Final Destination)
Joel D Wynkoop
Joel Wynkoop is a Florida-based actor/director with roughly 3 decades of no-budget moviemaking under his belt. He’s best known for his collaborations with microcinema pioneer Tim Ritter: TRUTH OR DARE, KILLING SPREE, and the brilliant DIRTY COP, NO DONUT. Wynkoop is also an avid martial artist whose talents are on display in his feature-length directorial effort LOST FAITH.